Re: Study: Internet Explorer Dominates the Web

Subject: Re: Study: Internet Explorer Dominates the Web
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 01 May 2002 10:07:27 -0300

Kieffer, Barry wrote:

Ok, this argument I can understand, the political agenda. The anti-Microsoft hatred.
It's not hatred. It's preference and philosophy. Both Nora and I said that we personally would rather not use Microsoft products. We didn't say that you or anyone else should.

Some good arguments can be mustered about the social effects of monopolies or near-monopolies, but this isn't really the forum for them. Besides, anyone who's interested has probably already heard them anyway.

Sad.

Why? We can meet both our computing needs and preferences without any conflict.

"'Hal-an-tow, jolly rumbelow,
We were out long before the day-o,
For to welcome in the summertime, To welcome in the May-o,
Summer is a-coming in and winter's gone away."
- Traditional, Halston Furey Dance