Re: Quick Question: Word .dot files in PC and MAC

Subject: Re: Quick Question: Word .dot files in PC and MAC
From: quills -at- airmail -dot- net
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 08:55:11 -0500

At 9:27 AM -0400 5/2/02, Annamarie Pluhar wrote:

Hi.

Can a Word .dot file built for the PC platform be used by Macs?

Background: I'm working on a project where the client has developed extensive templates based on the .dot template file. We have one person on the team who is using a Mac. (the graphics person, of course.) She also has been assigned cleaning up some Word files that should be using the .dot file. Are we going to run into problems?

Thanks for help. Respond directly... I'll summarize.

Annamarie
--

Annamarie,

The .dot files can be opened and manipulated by Word for Mac. Make sure that the person on the Mac is using Word 98 or later. They should use the same TrueType fonts that are used in the Windows side. The Web fonts from Microsoft are available for download if you use those.

I do it all the time.

Scott