RE: indian newbie

Subject: RE: indian newbie
From: "Dan Hall" <dhall -at- san-carlos -dot- rms -dot- slb -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 11:55:57 -0500

Bill,

You're the third person who has written to
say I'm in fine fettle this morning.

Actually, I'm trying to avoid a particular
project...

I just got this... ah... doc to edit,
written by an ESL engineer, in question and
answer format. Yep, twenty-seven pages of
level-one headings like "So, what's the 'Do'
and 'Don't' in the untracker process?" and
"What would be the risk of not running or
finishing untracker process?"

It's hard to know where to start, since it's
pretty much free of meaningful structure.
The second half of the doc has no relation
to the title (which is the name of a software
tool we use) - it's about an entirely
different tool. Did I mention that the sample
results (from the CLI) are all uncommented?

Apparently, someone in the engineering
hierarchy said something like "We need to
document everything", and this is the result.
Not the first of this sort I've had in the
last few days.

<sigh>

Hold me back! I feel a limerick coming on.

Dan

Dan Hall
Sr. Technical Writer
SchlumbergerSema RTEMS