Telecom wording: DTMF

Subject: Telecom wording: DTMF
From: johanne -dot- cadorette -at- locusdialog -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 14:4:56

Hi gang,

For those of you who are familiar with telecom terminilogy, what's the best
way to describe a call routing system that works with DTMF? In this case,
callers can speak to the system (preferred), or press keys.

What's written here is something like "DTMF compliant, the sytem also
allows callers to dial the extention number..." But it's not like DTMF is
some kind of standard that can be complied with. BTW, this is not a
sentence intended for callers; it's in the system admin guide. I could
remove "DTMF compliant" from this particular sentence, but it's used in
other instances as well.

Apparently, I corrected this a while back, but I don't remember what I
changed it to.

Suggestions? Not about what I changed it to, about what I might write,
obviously... :O

Buy RoboHelp Office in May and you'll save $100 with our mail-in rebate.
Or switch from Doc-to-Help or ForeHelp to RoboHelp Office for only $499.
Get the help authoring tool PC magazine recently awarded a perfect score!
Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr