RE: suggestions or support

Subject: RE: suggestions or support
From: "Lisa Wright" <liwright -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 07:30:43 -0700

Cayanne,
You haven't provided much in the way of detail, so I'm going to start
the questions rolling. Is this a case where they maybe don't know what
they really need and are looking for you to provide the answers? That
happens a lot, especially if the company has brought in a solo writer
for the first time. They don't know what they want, and quite possibly
they don't *really* want too many details. They want you to say, "here's
what I think you need: bing, bang, boom. I can be done three days after
the product is finalized IF I have these things from person X, Y, and
Z." They want a finished product and they are relying on your
professional expertise to tell them what they need and then to do the
job.

Or, they DO know what they want, but they're still relying on you to
just do it, because even though they know, they still don't have a clue
about how you get them there.

Lisa

Buy RoboHelp Office in May and you'll save $100 with our mail-in rebate.
Or switch from Doc-to-Help or ForeHelp to RoboHelp Office for only $499.
Get the help authoring tool PC magazine recently awarded a perfect score!
Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr