Re: suggestions or support

Subject: Re: suggestions or support
From: "Cayenne Woods" <cayenne -dot- woods -at- viaken -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 15:12:51 +0100

I know I've not given much detail, but these posts are all searchable and
turn up in google.

one guy (top guy) says he knows what he wants but what I've done isn't it.
one doc he wrote sounds just like what they want from me, when I asked
what's the difference he said he wanted 'more technical'

now he's a phd in biology (it's bioinformatics, genomics) and extremely IT
literate on the server and all the rest of the very complicated stuff we do,
so it's not likely I'll write something more technical than what he's done.

I'm having trouble picking out the bits that are important, as it's all
really complicated and relatively new to me (certainly the genomics). also
the basic structure, as I know great detail from developers about the bits,
but not so much about how they're related, and the overall heirarchy of the
thing.

So far I've read absolutely loads of stuff, done some info management
(organizing docs it took me weeks to find into an intranet and into Lotus),
got them to name some things so we know what we're talking about, and I _am_
writing, tho no idea if it's useful.

nobody talks to me, which I'm used to, but this is more so than usual.

It may be largely due to the fact that it's so early on, and they're working
hard to get things to work at the moment.

anyway, thanks all - the suggestions of creating docs to show them is good,
but I am doing that, so any others, or moral support, welcome!!

Cayenne

"Lisa Wright" <liwright -at- earthlink -dot- net> wrote in message
news:153395 -at- techwr-l -dot- -dot- -dot-

> Cayanne,
> You haven't provided much in the way of detail, so I'm going to start
> the questions rolling. Is this a case where they maybe don't know what
> they really need and are looking for you to provide the answers? That
> happens a lot, especially if the company has brought in a solo writer

Buy RoboHelp Office in May and you'll save $100 with our mail-in rebate.
Or switch from Doc-to-Help or ForeHelp to RoboHelp Office for only $499.
Get the help authoring tool PC magazine recently awarded a perfect score!
Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr