RE: REquest for advice on Workflow & Tools

Subject: RE: REquest for advice on Workflow & Tools
From: Goober <techcommgoober -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 13:01:47 -0700 (PDT)

> Our process is to save the Visio drawings as .TIF,
> .GIF, or .JPG files and
> import them into FM. Importing Visio files directly
> causes too many
> problems. I also ask the person supplying the source
> material to also
> provide the native Visio (.VSD) file.

I'm sure this works fine for your needs, but if you or
anyone wants to preserve the vector quality, you're
best to avoid any bitmapped file type (inclugint GIF,
JPG, and TIF). Best to go with EPS or WMF (with
emphasis on EPS).

http://shopping.yahoo.com

Buy RoboHelp Office in May and you'll save $100 with our mail-in rebate.
Or switch from Doc-to-Help or ForeHelp to RoboHelp Office for only $499.
Get the help authoring tool PC magazine recently awarded a perfect score!
Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr