Question: Word 2000 VBA - Can I program this?

Subject: Question: Word 2000 VBA - Can I program this?
From: Annamarie Pluhar <apluhar -at- mindspring -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 08:09:37 -0400

Hi all,

I've decided it's time for me to learn how to use the VBA functionality in Word. So I'm sitting down with the Word 2000 Developer's Handbook and teaching myself. ( BTW- I'm not a programmer. The only programming I took was PL1 some 28 years ago. We used keypunch cards!! )

There is a specific routine I'd like to be able to create and I'm getting some conflicting advice about whether it's possible so I thought I'd ask here.

To wit:

The routine would hae the instertion point on a slide in PPT, copy it, toggle to an open Word file that has a customized template, Paste Special/linked slide in a particular location in the template, go get the notes for that slide and then paste them in the Word doc under a specific heading below the linked slide.

It would be really sweet if i could move the cursor to the next slide frame in both files.

Can it be done? Seems to me that if I can do it by using keyboard commands I should be able to write a routine to do it. Is this easy/hard? Can someone who already knows VBA write this routine in a matter of hours?

Thanks for help.
Annamarie

--
Annamarie Pluhar

IDD Tech Solutions
Instructional design and development for technology.

(301) 588 - 4001
(301) 646 - 5002 (Mobile)
apluhar -at- iddtechsolutions -dot- com
http://www.iddtechsolutions.com