RE: How technical are they at Oracle

Subject: RE: How technical are they at Oracle
From: Annamaria Profit <inteltek2 -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 10:24:31 -0400

I can tell you this is true from my outside experience. The writers I've worked with at Oracle have been techies on loan. They have no hesitation over there about throwing programmers into a tech writing position when the subject is the program they're working on--even if they can't construct a non-program-language sentence/paragraph/syntax!

<anon wrote:>

My manager recently told me that writers at Oracle are more "technical"
than writers at other companies. She claims that writers regularly cycle
through from doc to QA to development. I don't believe that this is
true--can anyone provide more information?

Annamaria Profit
E-mail: inteltek2 -at- earthlink -dot- net
"Where it is possible, live in peace with all men."
(Romans 12:18)

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l