Re: Pros and cons of incorporating?

Subject: Re: Pros and cons of incorporating?
From: Dick Margulis <margulis -at- fiam -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 18:09:11 -0400

There is only one answer. Talk to a CPA who practices in your current state of residence and works with microbusinesses. There are advantages and disadvantages that vary from state to state, and any advice you get from us nonprofessional kibbitzers is as likely to be wrong as right.

Kate O'Neill wrote:

Good morning, Techwhirlers, and happy mother's day.

Last year, as I began a serious effort in consulting, I incorporated my new business. Since then, however, I've moved to a new state and had to liquidate the business. Now I'm looking to start again, but I'm unsure about the advantages of incorporation for a writing consultant.
I've been doing a lot of reading on incorporation and the like, but I thought I'd pose the question to you all about how the pros and cons specifically apply to an independent writing business.

Any advice?

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l