RE: New TECHWR-L Poll Question

Subject: RE: New TECHWR-L Poll Question
From: "walden miller" <wmiller -at- vidiom -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 13:35:12 -0600

As a technical writer, have you ever been told by a
manager to leave the experts alone?

Occasionally, I (and my team) have been asked to only talk to one engineer
(usually a manager) concerning all requests for technical information. That
usually lasts until that the engineer sees how much information is being
requested on a timely basis.

When I put on my manager's hat, I am currently working on a project in which
we are telling everyone to leave the experts alone. The good news is that
the tech writers are included in the expert category. Basically, the upper,
program, project, etc. management is getting in the way of product
development. SO, our message (to ourselves) is to butt out.

Walden

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l