networking handbills, or ???

Subject: networking handbills, or ???
From: Dennis Johnson <dadwrite -at- prodigy -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 13:53:54 -0500

Whirlers,

A couple unemployed friends who network have sent me copies of their
handbills, as they refer to them. I'm trying to track down whether that
is the right term and to get more information. Searching Google for
'handbill' and terms like network-networking-career has not turned up
anything.

Has anyone made use of these in job searches? Are they known elsewhere
as something else?
Any links to information on them? The two I have are as different as
night and day.

One handbill had listed data under the headings

Profile
Target Situation/Responsibilities
Target Company Characteristics
Target Industries
Cultural Preferences
Helpful Contacts

to guide the people helping you network.

The other was a condensed resume, with 'Target Companies' listed at the
end.

Dennis Johnson
dadwrite -at- prodigy -dot- net

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l