RE: CD Release of Documentation

Subject: RE: CD Release of Documentation
From: "David Chinell" <dchinell -at- msn -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 17:19:17 -0400

Regina:

I call each such CD a "Support Library". For each library, I
create a "home" page PDF.

The home PDF shows the entire collection in the bookmarks
pane (but down to the document level, only). It loads the
index (PDX) for the collection when it opens.

The home PDF has a splash screen on the first and last page.
The first and last page are identical, except that the first
page has a sound associated with it. Each document has its
own bookmarks, but I add a Home bookmark that takes them
back to the home PDF. It takes them to the last page of the
home PDF, so they don't have to hear the splash sound each
time.

The intermediate pages of the home PDF are a primer on how
best to use Acrobat with the collection. (Bookmarks, find,
and search.) The entire areas of the first and last pages
are hotlinked to the first of these instruction pages.

I also use autorun to open this document when the CD is
inserted.

If you like, I can email you a copy of a home PDF.

Bear

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l