Help: repost of computer-skill survey, desperately need more responses! Thanks

Subject: Help: repost of computer-skill survey, desperately need more responses! Thanks
From: Jen Ren <jren_techcomm -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 16:24:40 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, all. I am reposting a survey I posted about a
week ago regarding professional technical
communicators? perception of and experience with
computer skills in their daily lives. I have gotten 34
statistical significance of my data. This is for the
research section of my thesis and, of course, for the
greater good of our tech writing community eventually.

If you are willing to help me complete this project
and if you don?t mind being quoted anonymously in my
thesis, please answer the questions below. (The whole
survey will take no more than 15 minutes.)

I?d like to thank you all in advance for your
participation, which will greatly benefit future
technical communicators, especially those who are new
to the profession.

Section I: Demographics
1. Briefly describer your academic background (major
and minor in university, and grad school if
applicable).
2. If you are an on-site technical communicator,
briefly describe your current position and
responsibilities.
If you are a freelancer/contractor, what kind of
technical communication work do you do most
frequently? (E.g., documenting software, copy editing
documents in the filed of ________etc.)

Section II. Computer Skills
1. List two or more software programs in each of the
following categories you use most often at work
Word Processing_____________________________
Graphic Design_______________________________
Desktop Publishing____________________________
Others (other work-related software not listed above,
describe
briefly)___________________________________________

2. What kind and level of programming knowledge are
required of you at work?

3. List three courses (in order of importance) you?ve
had in college and/or grad school that have helped you
do your job (not just current job, but including all
previous professional experiences relevant to
technical communication).

4. List three courses that you wish you had had in
college and/or graduate school that would have helped
you do your job (not just current job, but including
all previous professional experiences relevant to
technical communication).

5. Additional comments on the role of computer skills
in the technical communication profession.

End of survey. Thanks again.
Jen Ren

LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience
http://launch.yahoo.com