scanners

Subject: scanners
From: "Lisa Bronson" <Lisa -dot- Bronson -at- ipaper -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 14:41:34 -0500

Does anyone know of a scanner that:

* can handle 11 X 17 inch documents (autofeed would be nice, but not
required)
* can be connected to the computer using a USB port rather than a SCSI
card, and
* costs less than $1500? (I know, I know, I'm asking a lot!)

We had a $1400 Epson approved, but the IT manager doesn't want to use it
because of network conflicts with its SCSI connection. The Epson that can
handle large documents and that has a USB connection costs almost twice as
much ($2700)! I've also researched Fujitsu and HP. HP doesn't have one
with the features we need, and the Fujitsu model costs almost $6000.

We are running Windows 2000.

Any ideas would be very much appreciated!!

Best regards,
Lisa B.

~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~
Lisa Bronson
Associate Technical Writer
Evergreen Packaging Equipment
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
319-399-3239

"Writing about yourself is a tremendously powerful exercise. If you want to
know how accurately you perceive reality in the present, try writing about
your perception of your past. You just might discover an entirely new
reality."--Lisa Bronson

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l