Re: How JavaDoc works with other docs

Subject: Re: How JavaDoc works with other docs
From: dmbrown -at- brown-inc -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 12:27:38 -0700

Richard Smith wrote:

> I disagree ever-so-slightly with you assesment that two seperate docs would
> be `needless Balkanization` of the docs. While providing additional docs
> with different content than the javadocs may not be ideal, it certainly
> isn't unusual. I think most Java products I've used or looked at are done
> that way.

I'd add that most Java programmers expect to have the JavaDocs available online, no matter what else is provided.

If you have to restrict yourself to one format, I'd go with JavaDoc.

--David

N O W A V A I L A B L E ! http://www.html-indexer.com/

HTML Indexer 4 is still the easiest way to create and maintain indexes
for web sites, intranets, HTML Help, JavaHelp, and other HTML documents.

Now with fully integrated cross-references, target frames and windows,
multiple-file output, "one-step accept" of default entries, and more!

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l