RE: Slashdot and other myths (was Re: Handling developers, "the zone" and other myths)

Subject: RE: Slashdot and other myths (was Re: Handling developers, "the zone" and other myths)
From: "Lisa Wright" <liwright -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 21:22:06 -0700

I like slashdot exactly because it points me to all sorts of things I'd
never otherwise see. I scan for something that interests me, read up,
follow the links. The general topics do address several areas of
interest for me (intellectual property and freedom, at the top of the
list). Lately I've been taking a wireless networking class and slashdot
has given me some good additional resources.

The problem is if you read the comments to the stories: one needs pounds
of salt to wade through all the uninformed postings. It would be very
easy to become seriously ill-informed.

Lisa