Re: QUERY: Writing simple proposal

Subject: Re: QUERY: Writing simple proposal
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2002 08:10:25 -0700 (PDT)

--- Brian Hooper <hooperbc -at- mindspring -dot- com> wrote:

> I've just started as a freelance edtior and have been asked by a
> potential client to submit a "quick proposal" by email with my bid
> for the project.
>
> Does anyone know where I can see a sample of such a proposal? I've
> looked at the archives and other sites and have run across lengthy
> proposals that seem more suited to longer projects or projects for
> which
> a contract as already been made for. I just want a one-pager and
> was wondering how I'd design that.

Is one page their requirement or is it am arbitrary number? The
length is based on what you have to say to make the best case, not
based on a ruler...which, BTW...for an email, how long is a page...if
I use a smaller font, can I include more?

An email proposal is no different than a writen proposal except
smaller. You still need to cover all the bases, but maybe in only a
paragraph or two for each part of the response.

I'd include the following sections, with a paragraph for each one:

1) Who We Are (as it applies to the request)
2) What We Do (as it applies to the request
3) Project Scope (the part that you are bidding on)
4) Why Are We The Best Choice (include the mention any really big
companies with which you have had experience)
5) Scope (what you are going to do for the money you are asking)
6) Deliverables (whay you are going to deliver for the money)
7) Assumptions (what do they need to do, what is understood that if
it isn't can add to the price)
8) Price
9) Terms
10) Closing (where you ask for the order)

=====
John Posada, Senior Technical Writer
"I'm not flying...I'm falling with style"
---Buzz Lightyear
http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l