Online Help Queries

Subject: Online Help Queries
From: "Rohini Gogi" <rohini -dot- gogi -at- ventureinfotek -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 17:09:47 +0530

Hi All,

I am developing online help for the first time. I have a few questions which
I hope, all you experienced guys can help me with.

1. The application has user entry forms to accept some data. In the online
help, do you refer to the data entry form as a form or a window?

For eg:
Click Button to open the data form or data window?

2. This data entry form has field which already has field level help. Now in
the online help that I am developing, do I get into details as to what has
to be entered in what field or I just list the inputs that the user must
enter in that form.

For example:
The form has Name, Address etc.
If I place the cursor on the Name text box, the application displays a
message saying whose name(the merchant name, assistant's name) has to be
entered.

Do I in my help file also mention that what name has to entered and it's
details?
Currently, I am listing the inputs that the user has to give as a bulleted
list
Eg:

The inputs that you have to enter here are:
Name
Address

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l