RE: Are Indian Tech Writer Firms as good as American Firms?

Subject: RE: Are Indian Tech Writer Firms as good as American Firms?
From: kcronin -at- daleen -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 06:10:00 -0600

It depends. The firms that hire really tall writers are usually pretty
good. But you need to watch out for the ones that hire mostly short
writers. And definitely avoid documentation written by firms who hire
people who own cats.

KIDDING.

This is too big a generalization to make, and has the potential to turn
into a thread containing assumptions and stereotypes many might find
offensive.

A safer question might be something like "have you experienced noticable
issues with companies whose personnel write in a language that is not
their native tongue?" Or something like that.

I've read documentation in seriously broken English (*my* native tongue,
although I try not to break it too often), sometimes obviously the result
of translation problems. But I've also read some absolutely horrendous
documentation where the writer's command of the language FAR exceeded
their knowledge of the product they were documenting. Scary stuff.

-Keith Cronin

Tech writing. If you're not completely miserable, you're doing it wrong.

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l