Re: Motivation - Suggestions?

Subject: Re: Motivation - Suggestions?
From: Kathryn Marshall <Kathryn -dot- E -dot- Marshall -at- jpl -dot- nasa -dot- gov>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2002 13:27:23 -0700

Argh. Gotta come out of lurk mode. I don't understand why some of you feel the need to cut people down when they ask innocent questions. I'm sure Tamara didn't mean to "rub her employment status in our faces." What's with the sarcasm and bitterness? How about just ignoring the post? I realize times are tough and unemployment rates are high; those of us who are working are *extremely* grateful (was unemployed for 6 months last year).

Tamara - we all get bored once in a while. If you are really disliking the job, then look for another one. The best thing for me is always time off. If you can a few days off, that might do the trick. It sounds like you know what to do and just needed to vent a little. There's nothing wrong with that.

-Kathryn

At 6/4/2002 01:11 PM, kcronin -at- daleen -dot- com wrote:

Tamara bemoaned:

> I have been on a project since October, 2000. My contact keeps getting
> extended. I was just told my contract would be extended to December 2002, or
> 2003.
>
> What do you do when you feel a little bored with your work and routine?

I get up, go for a quick walk, and then get back on the Internet, looking
for a job like yours.

Others do not have it so well - enjoy your prosperity.

-Keith Cronin

Technical Writer: a 5-syllable phrase for "whiner"

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l