RE: Life After Tech Writing (Possibly OT, But I Hope Not)

Subject: RE: Life After Tech Writing (Possibly OT, But I Hope Not)
From: Stephanie -dot- Seveska -at- abbott -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 08:26:14 -0500

I too am thinking about changing my career path. The problem: I love to write.
As many do, I have dreamt of being the next big, bad, best selling author at
Barnes and Nobel, but let's be realistic. For the time being, I have found
solace in the fact that I a.) have a job and b.) that I am studying for
entrance exams into grad school. I doubt very much that is I took some time
off to further my education, it would hurt my career. If I still lean toward
the glorious world of procedures after my Master's degree, back to tech
writing I'll go. If not, I can continue into a new field with a meaningful
degree under my belt.

Just my two sense on approaching a new career path. Then again, I do not have
may bills, any children or a house payment. Just a used car and a wonderful
husband.

-Anne Seveska
Technical writer, Forms designer

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l