RE: Need tips on reducing Word file size

Subject: RE: Need tips on reducing Word file size
From: "Dick Margulis " <margulis -at- mail -dot- fiam -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 15:02:33 -0400

Keith Cronin <kcronin -at- daleen -dot- com> wrote:

>Dick Margulis (who always busts me for incomplete testing, or for believing
>non-scientific "studies") wrote:

Do as I say, Keith, not as I do. Or is it the other way around, in this case?

What I left out of the written procedure, but what I do in reality, is one of two things.

If this is after-the-fact document doctoring, I do a Save As (after accepting all changes, of course), to get rid of the original images. Sometimes I have to do the everything-but-the-last-paragraph-mark, too. But in the end I have a document that has only the "picture" images and none of the original-format images.

If this is as-you-go image insertion, then what I do is copy (not cut) the image I've just inserted, then Ctrl-Z far enough to undo the picture insertion. That way the original-format image isn't actually in the document once I go forward with the Paste Special.

Dick

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l