Re: What do you like most about MS Word?

Subject: Re: What do you like most about MS Word?
From: Anne Cornwell <ladyann -at- one -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2002 21:03:03 -0400

It may be AutoText. As I type an AutoText entry, Word will offer to complete it for me. I think I remember this occurs after the 4th or 5th character of the entry. Also, this "auto-completion" must be turned on. (I'm at home now, Word-less, and am working from memory.) At that point I can just press enter to accept Word's offer or I can keep typing. With AutoCorrect I must type the entry and then press the spacebar - which lets Word know it's OK to churn out my AutoCorrect entry.

Anne (using Word XP)

Jonathan West wrote:

[unattributed quote]
It's the Autotext, hands down. The only problem with it is that I forget
that Autotext is only in Word. I keep waiting for the rest of the word to
popup as I type in other applications!

Strictly speaking, that's AutoCorrect, not AutoText.

Regards
Jonathan West

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l