FW: New tool wars! WAS: Pinsky poem in the Atlantic "Jar of Pens"

Subject: FW: New tool wars! WAS: Pinsky poem in the Atlantic "Jar of Pens"
From: "Dan Hall" <dhall -at- san-carlos -dot- rms -dot- slb -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 09:03:21 -0500

We have one here, but we've had a lot of trouble
with it...

It gets out of calibration, so the screen output is
skewed, and the software doesn't always track every
pen mark - which means you have to watch the monitor
to be sure that it's drawing what you're writing.
There's also a limit to the area it will track.

When it was new, it worked great...

I'm always amused when someone puts the pens back in
the wrong "holders" and they're writing on the board
in green, but the monitor shows red. :-)

I've used some whiteboard-photo cleanup software,
called (obviously enough) Whiteboard Photo. It
worked OK - I especially liked that it would adjust
for perspective.

Dan

Carl Nuckols wrote:

I've not used it myself, but I attended a weeklong
planning session where the facilitator used it \
with a whiteboard. It really seems to work well.
I have no idea what it costs, but anything that
cool must be expensive.

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l