Re: Help! Mysterious white lines in Word

Subject: Re: Help! Mysterious white lines in Word
From: Dick Margulis <margulis -at- fiam -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 18:05:25 -0400

Amanda,

If the lines are consistent on every page, then they are attached to your headers or footers.

If that's the case, here's what you do:

1. View > Headers and Footers
2. Click in the header and Select All (Ctrl-A)
3. In the toolbar, find the dropdown for rules and the button for applying rules (you use them in tables all the time, but they work for paragraphs, too). Change the dropdown setting to No Border, and select the application button that looks like a four-pane window. Click the button.
4. Repeat in the footer.

If the white lines are from a graphic that is in the header or footer, instead of being paragraph or table rules, right-click the graphic and send it to the back.

HTH,

Dick

Amanda -dot- Abelove -at- econnections -dot- com wrote:

Hi all--

I have a very frustrating issue with Word... For some reason it is printing white lines through my
screenshots and tables... At first I thought that the margins were off in the tables or that there
was something in the header/footer. I even copied and pasted the content into a new doc... it just
won't get rid of them! How do I get rid of them?

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l