Re: HTML-format e-mail newsletters?]

Subject: Re: HTML-format e-mail newsletters?]
From: "Cook, Jenise" <jenise -dot- cook-crabbe -at- pacificlife -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 17:03:12 -0700

(I, too, had to pick myself up off of the floor when I saw that Geoff had a
question!) ;-)

This discussion is very timely. I need to look at alternatives to sending a
PDF of a 3-6 page newletter out to a broad audience (frequency: each month).
I did go into my Word file and selected "Send to Mail Recipient" (no
attachment) as Keith recommended, and the initial result was a tiny bit
messy, but it worked! PLUS, the file size went from over 800kb in PDF to
557kb in Outlook. I was happy about that. When I looked at the new Outlook
message's "View Source," I saw that I could clean up the little messies, and
maybe, maybe make this work. I'll have to run a sample by my IT area.

So, those who are also interested, let's keep discussing this topic. It's
very timely and relevant to my current projects. If I learn anything, I'll
share. Thanks!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jenise Cook-Crabbe
Sr. Technical Writer