RE: Out of Work Tech Writers

Subject: RE: Out of Work Tech Writers
From: jarnopol -at- Interaccess -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 19:29:24 -0500

At 02:58 PM 6/19/02 -0700, Suzanne Chiles wrote:
<snip>

I found something I love doing more than anything else I can think of. Every
day I've been a tech writer, I've looked forward to going to work. I've
played the field and found the perfect career. At 52, I think I've earned
the right to wait a few months more for a suitable position to come along.

Suzanne,

it doesn't matter what age you are - and i am right behind you - as long as you're happy doing whatever it is that makes you happy. there are jobs out there. they may not pay as much as we're used to, but there are jobs.
enjoy the summer, stick to your guns and you'll get what you want.
i'm in the same situation. got laid off the end of March, didn't even get a response to my resumes and networking until after i made the decision to give up technical writing and go to culinary school. now of course, i've got contracts lined up for months. go figure.
best of luck to you Suzanne.

jan

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l