RE: Which wordprocessor is the best?

Subject: RE: Which wordprocessor is the best?
From: "David O'Brien" <obriend -at- mincom -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 14:25:08 +1000

This is going to depend on what you're going to use it for. Things like
"student of what (tech writing I surmise...), how big are your submissions,
are they text heavy, graphics heavy, etc., what formats do you need to
submit them in" come to mind for starters.

Then there's cost, of course. FrameMaker isn't cheap but it's a great tool.
Perhaps not as friendly as the MS offering in some areas, but I've not been
using Frame for as long as I used Word. It also depends on what you plan to
do later. If you're moving into tech writing as a profession then Frame is
a good skill to have, but many companies still use Word, so experience in a
variety of tools is always good.

As always, work out what you want and need to do first, then find the
answer.

Hope this is useful.
regards,

David O'Brien