RE: Out of Work Tech Writers

Subject: RE: Out of Work Tech Writers
From: "Suzanne Chiles" <suzchiles -at- pobox -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 11:27:44 -0700

Yes, but beside technical writers, there are just as many out-of-work
instructional designers, web developers (which is VERY heady work for tech
writers, as opposed to web design) and trainers.

I've applied for many jobs where I thought my skills could be used. I've
been told that my qualifications are quite interesting, but as I have no
direct experience and they have plenty of candidates with direct experience,
they just can't help me. Most of the jobs I've seen lately are for work
that's been on hold for a while and there's a strong requirement for someone
to step in and be productive immediately.

It would seem that the best time to switch to a related field would be when
jobs were plentiful and resources scare.

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l