RE: SLAVE labor? Just a darn minute...

Subject: RE: SLAVE labor? Just a darn minute...
From: "Lisa Wright" <liwright -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2002 16:54:39 -0700

I was going to stay out of this idiotic thread, but I simply cannot
stand idly by while you spew hate all over this forum. I'm stunned, and
I'm ticked. I am sick and tired of the hostility and deliberate
misunderstandings and posturing and hate. What I'm about to say has
nothing to do with tech writing except that you brought it up on this
list and so I am going to publicly respond.

Smarter people than me a long time ago decided that you have a right to
say whatever you want, hold whatever opinions you want (whether you get
to continue to express them in this particular forum is up to Eric and
Deb Ray). If you want to perpetuate ignorant, racist, hateful opinions,
you have that right. But I think every single decent person on this list
has an obligation to say loudly and publicly that what you, Jill
Johnson, said is not okay and it will not go unchallenged.

There must be a world of pain going on inside of you to have to blame an
entire nation for whatever problems you have. I sincerely hope that I'm
wrong about you, that somehow there has been some tremendous
misunderstanding and that the words you've written don't actually mean
what they appear to mean. I like to give people the benefit of the
doubt. But I'm pretty certain that you meant exactly what you said.

I hope you will take the time to look into your own heart and realize
that you are wrong. I hope you will apologize to the list and the people
you hate and promise to try to be a better person. Such thinking leads
only to tragedy. Not to mention the boatload of karma you're building
up. We get out of this world only what we put into it.

Lisa