Re: Printed in the United States of America

Subject: Re: Printed in the United States of America
From: Chris Gooch <chris -dot- gooch -at- lightworkdesign -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 17:26:20 +0100

Esther wonders:

+++
Does anyone use this phrase: Printed in the United States of America on user
manuals or guides
+++

Oddly enough, no :-)

However our printers did ask, a couple of years ago, if they could add a
"printed and bound by xxx company, yyy town, UK" discreetly to the
bottom of the acknowledgements page. I said, sure, knock yourself out.

Unfortunately they managed to mess up the binding on that batch, so
all the front covers were skewed, and because of time constraints,
we had to ship the manuals. So hundreds of software companies
around the world got to see that "xxx company, yyy town, UK"
messed up the binding.

They didn't ask to put their name on the next batch :-)

Christopher Gooch, Technical Author
LightWork Design, Sheffield, UK.
chris -dot- gooch -at- lightworkdesign -dot- com www.lightworkdesign.com

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l