Another Subjective View

Subject: Another Subjective View
From: "tom -dot- green -at- iwon -dot- com" <tom -dot- green -at- iwon -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 14:34:40 -0400 (EDT)

Yes, I have another one that has become quite bothersome only because I have seen it in a lot of documentation recently and am wondering if my adversion to it is only a personal preference or am I right to want it changed?

The suspect is the use of "Once" as opposed to "When."

Here's an example..."Once the thigamagig is installed...blah, blah,

blah."

I prefer to use "When the thigamagig is installed...blah, blah,

blah." Which is right? or are both right?

The accepted term around here (oil and gas) is "Once."

Can a Web portal forever change your life?
Win up to $25 Million on iWon - click here!

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l