RE: Tech Writers - Salaried or Hourly?

Subject: RE: Tech Writers - Salaried or Hourly?
From: Barbara Yanez <BarbaraYanez -at- cogentsystems -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 09:06:52 -0700

Hey

I totally understand, but the nature of her position is such that you stay
till the job gets done. Not that you put in your time and leave.
Particularly because she works on proposals. It creates a big problemthat I
have to tell her to leave after 8 hours or 40 hours per week when a proposal
is not done and there is a deadline - especially if a lot of money is on the
line.

I wouldn't mind so much if we did indeed pay her overtime, but first they
said we could not and had to give her comp time, which I have been doing.
Now they are saying that you cant' give comp time so just tell her to leave.
THis does not work when a person is working on proposals.

I think they are pulling a fast one - I just don't knwo what.

Sure does create a problem in my department.

Barbara

> Those of you who are not contractors, are you salaried or hourly?

Hey, if that means she gets paid for overtime, that's a GOOD
thing. If that means that she doesn't get health coverage benefits,
that's a BAD thing. Being paid hourly doesn't need to be stigmatized.

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l