Re: techwr-l digest: June 24, 2002

Subject: Re: techwr-l digest: June 24, 2002
From: "Oren Iny" <oreniny -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 17:33:11 +0300

Assuming that the documentation underwent editing and a review by an MSE,
and that you (the writer) corrected what needed to be corrected, I believe
you should review the material yourself.

Remember that at this stage of the game, you've already corrected what was
needed (after editing and the MSE review) and know your material best. You
know exactly where things might have gone wrong (due to last minute changes,
perhaps) and you're the person who's going to have to correct anything
that's found incorrect/not working, not to mention the fact that I'm not
sure the QA personnel are the guys you want to count on for finding that
misplaced comma... (no offense intended).

Anyways, that's how things are run in my outfit.

I write the documentation modules I'm in charge of, the Product Manager
(who's in charge of this particular development) reviews the content and
accuracy. Next comes another TW on the team who edits the material and
ensures the content adheres to styles, conventions and the such. After that
the QA personnel go through the work flow and if necessary correct the
minute technicalities, and once all the corrections have been made, I
"publish" the documentation internally and review the entire thing from top
to bottom (in my case XML published in the company's product).

Oren Iny

Technical Documentation

enigma

Visit our Internet site at <http://www.enigma.com>