Re: real tech writers? RE: Out-of-Work Tech Writers and SwitchingCareers

Subject: Re: real tech writers? RE: Out-of-Work Tech Writers and SwitchingCareers
From: Janet Murphy <janet -at- fuse -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 11:41:26 -0400

Connie,
I apologize if I sound like a degree snob. I'm not. But, I enjoy the field so much that I wanted a degree in it. I wanted to
study w/professionals known in the field. I want to be an expert AND have the credentials to back up my skills.

Further, I feel like the effort needed to pursue the degree helps legitimize me in the eyes of others. Do the additional
letters help when I'm looking for a position? You better believe it. Does that sound harsh? Maybe, but that's life in the
big city around here.

Like I said in my post -- I didn't know what I didn't know until I went back for more training. That's how I keep up w/the
profession. Well, that and reading this list.

janet

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l