Re: FW: SLAVE labor? Just a darn minute...

Subject: Re: FW: SLAVE labor? Just a darn minute...
From: dmbrown -at- brown-inc -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 09:49:58 -0700

Bruce Byfield wrote:

> ...early twentieth century radicals in North America used
> the term "wage slavery" to refer our economic system.

I know that people sometimes use the terms interchangeably, but "slave labor" is much more emotionally charged than "wage slavery." Notice that even those activistis didn't call it "slave labor," and they were *trying* to get people angry.

I'd just like to keep the discussion calmer by asking folks to choose their words carefully, especially where nerves are so high-strung because of the tough economic times.

--David

N O W A V A I L A B L E ! http://www.html-indexer.com/

HTML Indexer 4 is still the easiest way to create and maintain indexes
for web sites, intranets, HTML Help, JavaHelp, and other HTML documents.

Now with fully integrated cross-references, target frames and windows,
multiple-file output, "one-step accept" of default entries, and more!

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l