RE: Editing Online Help

Subject: RE: Editing Online Help
From: "Steve Hudson" <cruddy -at- optushome -dot- com -dot- au>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 17:12:21 +1000

Check metadata tags, hidden (unlinked / unreferenced) pages and files,
alternate navigation sequences, characters in use are compliant across
interfaces, alternate text is given for every image and all other bobby
checks (www.cast.org) fly though.

Ensure it degrades gracefully for lesser browers, uses WAP codes, XML rich
data tagging and has friendly frames.

But really, my procedure is this:

Write Nice Word Doc
Push HDK's make button
Ignore anything to do with the list you are compiling as that's the tool
author's worry, not mine :-)

Steve Hudson - Word Heretic, Sydney, Australia
Email: heretic -at- tdfa -dot- com Blog: blog.tdfa.com
Live Advice: http://www.keen.com/The+Word+Heretic
You agree by writing to me personally that any material can be reused
publicly unless you explicitly disclaim it.

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l