White papers?

Subject: White papers?
From: "Hart, Geoff" <Geoff-H -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 11:15:22 -0400

Michelle Coffey wonders: <<What exactly is a White Paper?>>

This has been discussed at some length quite recently; hit the techwr-l
archives for full details. The short answer is that there's no standard
definition and that a white paper is whatever the author or client defines
it to be. It can be a technical document, marketing bumf, a position
statement, an educational piece, or pretty much anything else the human mind
can think up.

Thus, the more relevant question is not "what is a white paper?", but rather
"when someone asks me to create one, just what the heck do they want me to
create?" <g>

580 boul. St-Jean
Pointe-Claire, Que., H9R 3J9 Canada
"User's advocate" online monthly at
"When ideas fail, words come in very handy."--Goethe

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l