Addendum: RE: SLAVE labor? Just a darn minute... (a few replies)

Subject: Addendum: RE: SLAVE labor? Just a darn minute... (a few replies)
From: Tom Murrell <trmurrell -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 05:13:07 -0700 (PDT)

A thought I wish I'd added to my earlier post:

Perhaps the real solution is for all nations to work together to raise the
general standard of living on this globe. I suspect this would mean that people
living in some wealthy countries, like the U.S., would actually have to give up
some of their luxuries so that people in other countries would have enough to
eat, a decent place to sleep, and access to medical care (not just affordable
medical care, but any medical care).

As to whether this thread on the topic is TW-related, I would suggest that if
the overall discussion of TW jobs moving from countries with expensive labor
costs (the U.S.) to countries with inexpensive labor costs (relatively) is
germane, then discussions of how that came about and how it could be changed
are equally germane. There has been a lot of talk, pro and con, about
solidarity to keep wages/salaries/rates high during this economic downturn. If
that's TW-related, then discussing other alternatives--alternatives that might
offer a more honest appraisal of the situation and more fair-minded solutions
(can I pat myself on the back or what?)--are equally appropriate.

=====
Tom Murrell
mailto:tmurrell -at- columbus -dot- rr -dot- com
Personal Web Page - http://home.columbus.rr.com/murrell/index.html Last Updated 06/16/02
--Proud Vietnam Veteran. I am NOT a victim.--

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l