Re: Thanks re Quark v. FrameMaker -- and one more question ...

Subject: Re: Thanks re Quark v. FrameMaker -- and one more question ...
From: quills -at- airmail -dot- net
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 22:34:33 -0500

At 4:38 PM -0400 6/28/02, Geoff Brown wrote:

To the folks who weighed in on FrameMaker v. Quark ... thanks so much. It
helps.

The client has decided to use PageMaker.

I'm assured by a consultant the client hired that PageMaker is the best of
all possible tools, though the book project will contain no graphics, very
limited page-to-page variation, will consist of dozens of sub-documents that
will need to be rearranged for each new edition, and will need a new TOC and
index generated each time.

Oh, well ... does anyone have an idea where the landmines are dealing with
long docs in PageMaker?

And has anyone heard about compatibility issues between PM 6.5 and Win2k?

Thanks again. As I learn, I'll be happy to share.

-- Geoff Brown

Well, you just mentioned the major nuclear landmines. Compared to those, the rest are minor, very minor.

Scott

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l