RE: Contact off-list/on-list (was Re: SLAVE labor?...)

Subject: RE: Contact off-list/on-list (was Re: SLAVE labor?...)
From: "Thomas Eagles" <tekwriter -at- sympatico -dot- ca>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 14:02:58 -0400

Mr Brown,

Funny what some of us find "obvious." I find it obvious that if you
respond to a public thread with an off-list response, as opposed to
using the list e-mail address and the address of the person you're
responding to (as I often do to make sure they get the message), then
you notify the person that it is an off-list reply. I don't always check
the "TO" field (sometimes, oddly, people use BCC).

What's my point? If you wanted to keep it off-list, you shoulda said so.
Furthermore, your points didn't seem inflammatory, irrelevant, or of no
interest to the ongoing thread. Thus, why make it off-list?

Tom

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l