Re: Intentional fallacy (was Re: Contact off-list/on-list)

Subject: Re: Intentional fallacy (was Re: Contact off-list/on-list)
From: "Brad Jensen" <brad -at- elstore -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 00:21:37 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Maggie Secara" <maggiros -at- adelphia -dot- net>

> Let me try. Dick's original puzzle was (paraphrased):
>
> If I reply off-list, I sometimes get an offended response.

I don't like receiving off-list responses to onlist comments.

I think it deprives others of the opportunity of sharing in the exchange.

Whatever your intention in writing, either onlist or off, to be
offensive or otherwise, is of little consequence.

My intention in reading is to have a positive and life-affirming
insight from reading and considering what is written.

Some of my best insights have come from messages that might have
had questionable intentions.

You can't scare me away from thinking by being grumpy,
condescending, terse, aggressive, or in-your-face.

Brad Jensen
www.eufrates.com

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l