RE: Content Management

Subject: RE: Content Management
From: "Suzanne Chiles" <suzchiles -at- pobox -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 15:28:14 -0700

> I don't see why a rudimentary system couldn't be cobbled together in
> Access and then later ported to a real database as the company expands
> and the need grows. And this could probably be done by an intern with a
> week of design (collaborating with users) and a week of construction. It
> wouldn't be as robust as a commercial system or have all the bells and
> whistles, but it might be adequate for the purpose.
>
> Dick

I agree with you completely, Dick. Storing the documents in a database is an
excellent idea and, as you point out, relatively simple to implement. And,
especially for marketing documents, the ability to search based on keywords
in the document titles could be quite beneficial.

Suzanne, whose first technical writing job was with IBM working on DB2 and
still believes that relational databases are very, very good things.

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l