Re: product dependencies... urgent!

Subject: Re: product dependencies... urgent!
From: Steven Brown <stevenabrown -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 06:19:06 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Poorni,

Wow, that IS confusing! I drew a little picture to see
how everything relates and I'm still a bit unclear.

I think there are two issues here that you need to
segregate.

First, and most fundamental to the Product A versus B
distinction, are their common hardware, software, and
product requirements. That is to say, if you want to
use Product B, you must meet the hardware, software,
and product requirements of product A. Simple enough.

The second issue is more confusing, and I think the
issue resides within this phrase:

"Product B?s software and product dependencies are
specific to the Product A patch it supports (is
bundled with)."

Without knowing the specifics of the products, I'm not
sure what this means. Does each Product A patch
support a different set of software and product
dependencies? If so, I suspect you need to restructure
the way you present the hardware, software, and
product requirements.

Hmmm, I hope this helps a bit. I have a feeling that
presenting the information in a table will help. I'll
be curious to see how this pans out!

Steven Brown
Senior Technical Writer

P.S. You might consider the use of the word
"dependency." Do you really mean "requirement?"

http://sbc.yahoo.com

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l