Re: Design specifications,and/or lack thereof; was:RE: Release notes:term for bugs

Subject: Re: Design specifications,and/or lack thereof; was:RE: Release notes:term for bugs
From: Peter <pnewman1 -at- optonline -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 07 Jul 2002 21:35:01 -0400

Emily Berk wrote:

> Ah, Grasshopper. But that was long ago in flush times. We weren't looking for work at that time. Work and more work and more work after that found us.
>
> But now it is no more. That company, which was gigantic, decided to not pay my last invoice. Which was for three months of overtime work. And that project is no longer. Water long under the bridge, though.

Isn't it amazing. You pull out all the stops to produce and then, that
last invoice remains unpaid.

BTW All it takes is a late payment on any invoice and I immediately stop
working. (Usually due to severe leg or back cramps the first time
around.) If the overdue invoice is not paid in full after a reasonable
time, a final invoice is sent and the entire deal renegotiated. If they
want me to continue, at that point there will be an adjustment of the
payment terms. If they do not want me to continue, I then make a
business decision on whether to sue or not. Anytime I brought a suit, I
have either settled or won payment in full.

--
Peter

"When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a
minute. But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute-and it's
longer than any hour. That's relativity,"
- Einstein-

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l