Re: Anyone had experience writing laboratory analytical procedures?

Subject: Re: Anyone had experience writing laboratory analytical procedures?
From: letoured -at- together -dot- net
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2002 21:55:32 -0400

In <p05100303b950f4b07e9a -at- [205 -dot- 232 -dot- 76 -dot- 108]>, on 07/09/02
at 04:26 PM, Kat Nagel <mlists -at- masterworkconsulting -dot- com> said:

>>In <20020708021816 -dot- 44222 -dot- qmail -at- web14201 -dot- mail -dot- yahoo -dot- com>, on 07/07/02
>> at 07:18 PM, John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com> said:
>> >Because if the water is being bottled or will be bottled, and it is being
>>>sold or imported in the US, they SAY they do. This is called a predacate
>> >rule.

>At 8:12 PM -0400 7/8/02, letoured -at- together -dot- net replied:
>>Got it now. I didn't think of bottled water because of the way the post was
>>worded.

>Exactly. Municipal water/wastewater treatment plants have a closed market.
>They don't generally sell anything retail (except logo infested clothing
><sigh>).

>>Of course I also know a lot of municipal systems are trying to use
>>ISO9000/2000 for something -- that defies logic for me.

>They don't always have a choice. They are considered vendors for their
>large commercial customers. If those companies are ISO registered, their
>vendors are under required to be compliant as well. There was a flap
>somewhere in the US* about a year ago, when a company that employed several
>thousand people announced that it was relocating because the minicipal water
>and power utilities weren't ISO-compliant.

Ther eis always a choice. What that tells me right up front is that the
managers of that plant were total, complete idiots. -- And I'm being generous.

Facing the loss of thousands of
>jobs and a
>substantial chunk of the tax base, the county government caved and ate the
>cost of registration for the county water authority, and subsidized at least
>part of the costs for the power utility company.

That government unit was/is run by complete idiots too. -- Neither of them
have any idea of what ISO or management or government is all about. What is
the name of this community... I wonder what the inbreeding rate is?

letoured -at- together -dot- net

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l