RE: any printing experts?

Subject: RE: any printing experts?
From: "Dick Margulis " <margulis -at- mail -dot- fiam -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 11:46:37 -0400

Jennifer Wrote:

> I sent the PDF to a woman on a different floor for review - she
> is not using
> the same printer as me. It is an 84 page book which prints fine on my
> printer. However, on her printer, it stops at page 24 and won't print
> anymore. I've looked at page 25 and can't see anything special about it. I
> fiddled around with my Distiller settings and PDF'd again, and again, it
> prints out fine on my printer but still not hers.

Jennifer,

This is usually caused by insufficient memory in the printer itself. Find out if she can print pp 25-47 as a separate job. If so, she can proceed through the whole thing that way.

If, on the other hand, her printer simply hangs on page 25 because of some corrupt or overly complex graphic, try this: Open the PDF in Acrobat and print page 25 (by itself) to a file. Distill that file separately and replace page 25 in the original PDF with the redistilled page. This is definitely NOT a recommended practice (redistilling a PDF), but sometimes in this particular circumstance it's the only thing that works.

HTH,

Dick

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l