RE: Re(2): Slow Tech Writers

Subject: RE: Re(2): Slow Tech Writers
From: letoured -at- together -dot- net
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 21:08:57 -0400

In <2CE76865CAD2D411A42F00508BDCD11FDD46B2 -at- GLNEXCHSV005>, on 07/10/02
at 09:49 AM, "Kight, Cindy K." <Cindy -dot- Kight -at- Gilbarco -dot- com> said:

>>>Nonsense. -- It doesn't matter how long someone takes. What matters is the
>accuracy, the rework that is avoided, and how well it works for the
>customer.<<

>What dream company do you work for? We're told the software is being
>released on a certain date and we have to be done before that date - period.
>There is such a thing as too slow.

Dream company? Sorry but doing it right is the norm in many places. -- It goes
back to what I was trying to explain in the first place; there are first-tier
companies and first-tier writing, and second-tier.

In general, from what I see here I get the idea that software companies are
mostly second-tier.

>And I agree that slowness is not synonymous with accuracy or quality.

That's because you and other here are writing software manuals. Some of us
actually have to get it right. It takes more time.

Maybe you guys need to start writing from the code, so you have more time and
don't have to worry about slow or fast.

letoured -at- together -dot- net

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l