Re: PDF submit problem

Subject: Re: PDF submit problem
From: John Root <jroot -at- publisys -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 09:27:53 -0700

On 7/11/02 7:19 AM, "Field, Kristin" <KField -at- LSAC -dot- org> wrote:

> I created a pdf form where the submit button sends the entire pdf file to an
> e-mail address. It works on some computers, but not all. On some computers
> I get the error message:
>
> HTTP Error 405
>
> 405 Method not allowed
>
> The method specified in the Request Line is not allowed for hte resource
> identified by the request. Please ensure that you have the proper MIME type
> set up for the resource you are requesting.
>
> Please contact the server's administrator if this problem persists.
>
> The only difference we can see, which is a major one, is that the 2
> computers that send fine have the full-blown version of Acrobat. The other 2
> only have acrobat reader 5. Is there a setting I am overlooking that needs
> to be implemented so the reader can send a file? Your assistance is
> appreciated.

Kristin,

That is the difference. You need Acrobat (or Acrobat Approval) to save or
submit the full PDF. With Reader you can only submit form data.

Hope this helps.

ciao,
John

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
John Root
Publishing Systems
jroot -at- publisys -dot- com
---------
Custom Solutions for
Content Development, Management & Delivery
http://www.publisys.com

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l